Course Price$ 299.00
SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) training covers majorly all the tasks involved in the SD process. By deep diving into the SAP SD training, the candidates will learn how to handle pre-sales activities, sales order, distribution of shipments, billing process, and generating customer invoice
AutomationTraining4u is a leading training and consultancy group which impart knowledge on the particular program with the best trainers in IT having more than 10+ years of experience. We focus on real time based training & practical knowledge.
Training with Automation Training4U will benefit on the following ways in one’s career:
- Build Resume
- Multiple Interview Session
- Job Assistance
- Theory Session
- Practical Assignments
- Real Time Example
- Class Videos
Section 1: Define Enterprise Structure
- Enterprise Structure in Sales
- Definition and Assign Organizational Elements.
- Document Types in Sales and Distribution
Section II Creating Master Data
- Material Master Record
- Customer Master Record
- Customer Material Info Records
- Condition Master Data
- Partner Functions
- Defining Account Groups for Partner Functions
- Creating No Ranges and Assignment
Section III: Documents
- Document Types and Function – Sales, Deliveries and Billing
- Document Control – Document type, item category control and determination schedule line category control and determination
- Copy Control – Requirements Data Transfer Routines document Flow and Pricing Type.
Section IV : Basic Settings (Condition Techniques)
- Pricing Determination
- Material Determination
- Listing / Exclusion
- Revenue Account Determination
- Output Determination
- Free Goods Determination
- Item Proposal
- Incompletion Procedure
- Route Determination
- Shipping Point Determination
- Availability Check
- Transfer of Requirements
- Credit Management
Interview Questions & Answer
1) What is SAP Sales and Distribution?
SAP Sales and Distribution is one of key component of SAP ERP system. it is used to manage shipping, billing, selling and transportation of products and services in an organization.
SAP Sales and Distribution module is part of SAP Logistics module which manages customer relationship starting from raising a quotation to sales order and billing of the product or service. This module is closely integrated with other modules like SAP Material Management and PP.
2) What is distribution channel?
Distribution channel is mainly defined to take care of different types of sales in a sales organization. You can define a distribution channel for direct sales, internet sales, sales through dealers etc.
3) What is condition type in SAP SD?
Condition type is a pricing element. For example, discount, freight, surcharge. This is used in pricing procedure to represent condition record.
4) How is item category defined in SAP SD?
In general item category determination in SAP SD is happened through sales document type+item usage + item category group + higher level item category + default item category
In the creating from reference document, item category determination is happened from copy control where source item category to target item category. But if it is not maintained , item category determination is happened though normal determination like sales document type + item usage + item category group + higher level item category+default item category.
5) What is the use of sales area?
A Sales area is an entity which is required to process an order in a company. It is mainly comprised of Sales organization, distribution channel and a division.
6) Give an example of material Management integration with Sales and Distribution?
Consider an example of creating a sales order in SAP SD, it involves copying details of item from Material Management.
Availability check of the item and price details are also taken from MM but this data can be controlled in SD module. To create inbound and outbound delivery of goods for a sales order, shipping details, loading point etc. also come from Material Master.
7) What do you understand by sales order processing?
Sales order processing is a function related to whole sale part of an organizational business. Common functions which are under sales order processing are as below −
- Availability of the articles purchased
- Checking for incomplete data
- Checking the status of the sales transaction
- Calculation of pricing and taxes
- Schedule the deliveries of goods
- Printing of documents or e-transfer of documents
8) How one can assign a sales organization to delivering plant?
- SPRO-IMG-Enterprise Structure-Assignment-SD-Assign Plant to Sales Organization/Dist.Channel
- T-Code − OVX6
9) What are different sales documents in SAP system? How to create a sales document?
There are different types of sales document that can be defined in SAP system −
- Credit Memo
- Debit Memo
- Standard Order
- Delivery Returns, etc.
To create a Sales Document:
Enter T-Code − VOV8 or SPRO → IMG → Sales and Distribution → Sales → Sales Document → Sales Document Header → Define Sales Document Type
10) What is the use of copy control. Explain?
Copy Control is a process in which important transactions in a sales document are copied from one document to other. It consist of many routines which determines the system how the data is to be copied from source document to target document.
A SAP system contains number of these routines and you can also create additional routines to meet the business requirements. To create a new routine one can use an existing sales document as a reference.
11) How to find Copy Controls in SAP system?
These controls are created and configured under IMG and can be found at below menu path −
- SPRO → IMG → Sales and Distribution → Sales → Maintain copy control for sales documents
- SPRO → IMG → Sales and Distribution → Shipping → Specify copy control for deliveries
- SPRO → IMG → Sales and Distribution → Billing → Billing Documents → Maintain copy control for billing
12) What are the different pricing elements in SAP system?
The different pricing elements in SAP system are prices, surcharges, discounts, and taxes. These are defined in SAP system as condition types. In order to manage pricing information for a pricing element in a system, you have to create condition records.
13) What is ASAP methodology?
ASAP streamlines the implementation by providing templates, methods, tools and accelerators that have been built on the success of thousands of previous SAP implementations.
This methodology divides the implementation process into 5 phases.
- Phase 1: Project Preparation.
- Phase 2: Business Blueprint.
- Phase 3: Realization.
- Phase 4: Final Preparation.
- Phase 5: Go-live and Support.
14) Explain material requirement planning in SAP SD?
- It uses current and future sales figures
- The system calculates the requirements based on the warehouse stock receipts, etc.
- If externally procured then procurement proposals; if internal production then it leads to creation of planned orders, and also dependent requirements are calculated
- The best thing about this is that it leads to minimization of inventory, which leads to reduction of costs involved.
15) What is line item in SAP SD?
Line item is defined as an individual item in a sales document which has an item detail such as shipping point, division and route.